Language training for companies
Language Power International has more than 40 years of experience organizing courses for public and private companies. Our dedicated project manager will work closely with you to clearly determine the language needs and level of your staff. We have a long history of success in helping business leaders and their employees improve their language skills. The aim of the course is for participants to begin speaking Norwegian and using the language in a professional context.
The course content is usually a mix of current Norwegian and professional Norwegian related to your work such as writing emails, reports, meeting records, preparing your presentations, etc.
We also offer an e-learning program if one or more of your employees cannot physically participate in the course.
At Language Power International, we believe that the most effective way to learn a language is through personal training with a qualified and experienced native trainer.
Our language trainers take a communicative approach to language training, which promotes the active participation of the participants in the class and optimal learning results. It emphasizes communication skills and uses the following basic principles:
- Teaching is student-centered and encourages interaction between the students in the classroom.
- Classroom activities are relevant and target the language needs of the students. Targeted use of language means that the activities have a specific goal and that the trainers use carefully selected authentic materials whenever possible.
- Motivation is maximised by making the lectures relevant, lively and fun.
- Interactive activities are used to maximize conversational opportunities for students.
- These include pair and group work, role play, information gap exercises, dialogue creation, conversations and debates, games and quizzes.
- In the classroom, the trainer places more emphasis on communication than on correction. Knowledge of grammar is essential for effective communication, but do not form the focus of the course and is taught because it occurs naturally in communication activities rather than out of context.
- In the greatest extent possible (but not exclusive) the use of the target language is encouraged as means of teaching and communication in the classroom.
Our teachers may use other language training methods to meet the individual needs of students. This includes more gammar-based and translation-based approaches.
Approved By: Kompetanse Norge
Language Power International is approved by Kompetanse Norge, an agency of the Norwegian Ministry of Education and Research as provider of Norwegian training.
Upon course completion you will receive a course certificate which states the number of teaching hours completed and the level attained. This certificate is valid documentation of the Norwegian training in language and social studies required by UDI, and can be used for permanent residency and citizenship applications.
|Jan 1st||New Year’s||May 17||Norwegian Constitution Day|
|Apr 14||Palm Sunday||May 30||Ascension Day|
|Apr 18||Maundy Thursday||Jun 02||Whit Monday|
|Apr 19||Good Friday||Dec 24||Christmas Eve|
|Apr 22||Easter Monday||Dec 25||Christmas Day|
|May 01||Labour Day||Dec 26||St Stephen's Day|
TESTIMONIALS LANGUAGE COURSES
” I will choose Language Power again because the teacher was very collaborative and helpful. She was engaging. Language Power has given me the confidence to interact more with my Norwegian colleagues. Thanks Language Power!”
” It is very helpful for us to know the language, and the way of teaching was really very good. “
” Very friendly, both teacher and administration. Good understanding. “
” Just a quick message to say the course was very good. Unni was great and we all enjoyed her enthusiastic teaching. She also had a lot of patience with us !!! “